I like Me Exp#2

I like me.
I like my smile.
I like my hair
I like my arms, my legs, my dimples.
But mostly, I like my heart.
I am a good person. I care. I love. I laugh. I cry.
So when Jason called me fat,
It hurt.
When he said, “put down that donut and eat a carrot.”
It hurt.
When he said nobody will ever marry me.
It hurt.
But then Jasmine stood up.
She’s the prettiest girl at our school.
She told him to be quiet.
I smiled…a little
She told him I was beautiful.
I smiled a little more.
She told him I was sweet.
She told him I was nice.
She said I was the best friend anyone could have.
She smiled at me.
She said someday I would make a beautiful bride.
Then she took my hand, and together we went outside to play.

The next day, I wore my favorite dress.
It was blue with white trim and lots of pretty colors
And when I twirled, it fanned out like a rainbow covering the sky.
But Jason started laughing.
He said  I looked like I was wearing a big, ugly tent.
He called me a whale.
Jasmine got real mad.
She balled her fists. I thought steam was gonna shoot out of her ears.
But before she could say a word, Phil stood up.
Phil is Jason’s best friend.
He said that was a very mean thing to say.
He told him to remember when he first got his glasses
And all the mean things people said to him.
Jason frowned.
He asked him to remember how much it hurt.
And how bad it made him feel.
He told Jason he was being a bully.
And he didn’t want a bully for a friend
Jason dropped his head.
He sighed.
He told me he was sorry.
Then he turned and walked away.
But I heard him say, “Blue is my favorite color.”

I smiled.

Comments

  1. Nice work. I like the last lines about Blue being his favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Experiment #13 A letter to J.K. Rowling

an attempt at a poem (Opposite of me)

Experiment #12 The Dreaded Query